As another year comes to a close, we can't help but feel grateful for all the progress we have made in accomplishing our mission initiatives. It has been a year of ups and downs, but through it all, we have remained committed to our mission of advocating for and uplifting Black and Brown communities. We have partnered with incredible organizations to provide resources and support to community members, ensuring they have the tools and support they need to thrive and succeed.
Here are some of the remarkable milestones we've reached in 2022:
1. We provided over 30,000 meals to those struggling with food and housing insecurity.
2. We resumed in-person camps building with youth and community leaders learning about local histories, our legal rights, mental and holistic health, education, finance, tech, and the power of art to create the world we want.
3. We implemented monthly activations with community organizers to distribute supplies and joy. Our community output included over 1000 backpacks, 300 masks, and over 1200 servings of Ben & Jerry's non-dairy frozen dessert, @kaepernick7's "Change the Whirled."
4. We completed a 2-year partnership with National Lawyers Guild to assist protesters and the disenfranchised in our fight for liberation by:
• Supporting 81,945 protesters, 21 arrest hotlines, 25 jail support programs, and 21 bail or defense funds
• Mobilizing 3,733 new volunteers
• We have helped 13,065 arrestees with attorney referrals, hotline calls, jail support, and connections to bail or legal defense funds.
5. We provided 23 pallets of water to Jackson, Mississippi, to help with the water crisis caused by extreme weather and systemic racism.
6. Through our Autopsy Initiative, we've completed forty autopsies free of charge for victims' families who have lost their loved ones due to a police-related death.
7. Developed and expanded our racial justice curriculum and digital content to educate hundreds of thousands of people
We are proud of all that we have accomplished in 2022, but our work is far from over. Know Your Rights Camp is the vanguard of community empowerment, and we will continue to fight for racial justice, equity, and empowerment. Thank you to everyone who has supported us and contributed to our efforts, and we can't wait to share what we have planned for 2023. Let's keep pushing for a better future!